Tuesday, May 20, 2014

100 Proof

I'm simply aghast that I didn't catch every single typo, even on three rigorous comb-throughs.  But that's why we have galleys.  And John, dear, if you start fiddling with Aesthetic Improvements at this stage of the game, your first novel may well be your last. Just sayin'.

I have now delivered my own Saggy Baggy Monster of a novel, The F.U. Diet, into John Wirenius's capable little hands, explaining that I am about 10% of the way from  writing Finis.  Kindly prayers from my Gentle Readers that John will enjoy my book as much as I enjoyed his would be ... kindly.

http://anglocatontheprowl.blogspot.com/2014/05/the-proof-is-in-proofing.html?spref=fb

1 comment:

  1. I am very much looking forward to The FU Diet, and after polishing off the proofs this weekend, shall commence.

    And yes, typos and clear errors only at this stage. Otherwise, that way madness lies.

    And who would expect perfection in a 500 page book--the astonishing thing is that chapter after chapter is perfectly clean, and the stray errors occur so infrequently.

    ReplyDelete